In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1riña feminineLaw alteración del orden público feminine
- They all plead not guilty and also deny affray following a confrontation outside a nightclub before the attack.
- Admitting affray and criminal damage, he was jailed for 14 months.
- His criminal record also includes armed robbery, affray, assault, theft and public order offences.
- The plaintiff was the widow of a man killed in a criminal affray.
- At a hearing earlier this month, the accused pleaded guilty to causing an affray during a fight in a pub in April.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.