1the whole house was afire — la casa estaba envuelta en llamas
- she was afire with enthusiasm/anger — ardía de entusiasmo/rabia
- White fumes rose from tear gas fired by the French, and black smoke billowed from a roadblock of burning metal drums set afire at the base gates by the loyalists.
- My favorite Olympic torch lighting ceremony was in Barcelona, 1992, when an archer shot a flaming arrow over the altar to set it afire.
- Crooked fingers of lightning nearly lit the sky afire, and the thunder crackled like shots from a cannon.
- And in the end, the gambling theater is exploded and set afire.
- The litter was dumped at a common site and set afire.