In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1norteamericano masculinenorteamericana femininede origen africano
- The new study's findings were true for African Americans and whites, as well as men and women.
- The people who taught me the most about what it means to be American are African Americans.
- Their story closely resembles the relationship of African Americans to our country.
- The most highly valued attire is American brand names popular among African Americans.
- It affects men more than women, and Whites more than African Americans.
- The majority of African Americans came from a definable section of West Africa.
- Yet it still lagged behind the literature of other American minorities, especially African Americans.
- It's a lesson all African Americans can follow to achieve full economic empowerment.
- The Acts were aimed at equalizing the political conditions of African Americans and White Americans.
- Thousands more African Americans served the British military as SCOUTS, labourers and servants.
- The data for this study come from a nationwide survey of older whites and older African Americans.
- Today, many efforts are being made to recruit African Americans into the teaching field.
- Hip hop, a dance which originated among African Americans, has a loose, casual style that has swept the city.
- Yet for many African Americans and Hispanics, as well as other ethnic groups, a larger body still holds positive social value.
- Examples include native and African Americans and Australian aborigines.
- Even as a teenager, she had felt drawn to work with African Americans and Native Americans.
- It is unclear what percentage of the contributions came from African Americans.
- More than two million more Hispanics live in the United States than African Americans.
- Here they targeted those set free after the American Civil War - the African Americans.
- The migration of large numbers of African Americans to the cities was a feature of wartime America.
1norteamericano de origen africano
- The lone other African-American person in the room asked my friend to turn the TV off.
- My mother's best friend was an African-American woman who she had met before I was born.
- They were the forerunners of the poets and political activists of African-American culture.
- Why hasn't the music ingrained itself in African-American culture like jazz or funk has?
- I would ask you the same question with regard to the African-American population.
- He will join a number of African-American men who are making a real mark on American culture.
- The use of history in the novels of contemporary African-American women writers, then, is constant and consistent.
- I think there are successful ways to get an African-American movie made these days.
- In the 1910's it was one of the most affluent African-American communities in the country.
- I play the first African-American president in my movie, and it's going to be a lot of fun.
- White American popular culture drew heavily on African-American song and dance, a trend that has continued to this day.
- For the past six decades he has remained the most celebrated African-American painter, past or present.
- Most of her fellow African-American students were involved, but she was not interested.
- We are told he's going to be visiting in the week to come an African-American church.
- The African-American chef rearranges slices of pecan and blueberry pie in the glass display cabinet.
- The point is that one can look at African-American history from the standpoint of technology.
- Prestigious universities in the United States boast of institutions of African-American Studies.
- The man most Americans say ought to be their nation's first African-American leader is today closer than ever to the seat of power.
- He still did not do well among African-American voters, just a marginal improvement.
- Two other figures took their own paths from African-American and popular sources.
- El término de más amplia aceptación en Estados Unidos para referirse a norteamericanos de origen africano.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.