In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1extraescolarextracurricularall after-school activities have been canceled — se han cancelado todas las actividades extraescolares / extracurriculares
- The school ran a breakfast club as well as an after-school club, to help parents with child care so they could get back to work.
- We will introduce childcare centres and extend pre-school and after-school care to all schools.
- In some ways, after-school childcare is harder to come by than it is during holidays.
- He plans to devote after-school hours to the job and use his bedroom as his office.
- Actually, the event was scheduled for during school but then moved to after-school hours.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.