In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1dispositivo de postcombustión masculine
- The air bypassed the engine compressor and turbine, and using the afterburner as a ram-jet combustion chamber, the available thrust is greatly increased above a Mach number of 2.0
- Of course, there's only one way you can see if the flame is clear blue - I stood behind the engine and looked up the exhaust with the engine at full power and the afterburner lit.
- Because of its smaller thrust and lack of an afterburner, it has a lower removal rate than the F100 engines analyzed.
- It's powerful, with 35,000 lbs of thrust, and fuel efficient since it does not require fuel guzzling afterburners to run supersonic.
- After 20 seconds of afterburner use, the afterburner failed and the nozzle fully closed due to oil loss.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.