In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1loción para después de afeitarse feminineaftershave masculine
- But when he got home his parents saw he had wet hair and smelled of aftershave and asked him what had happened.
- He held her tightly, and she inhaled deeply, enjoying the scent of his aftershave.
- I wondered if he wore any kind of aftershave or cologne, or if he naturally smelled that good.
- As he walks past me I am hit by the power of his aftershave.
- Matt stepped out of his room and she could smell the minty scent of his aftershave.
- The room smelt of coffee and paper with a slight tint of men's aftershave, a masculine musky scent.
- There are perfumeries and cosmetics for the lady in your life and aftershave or toiletries for him.
- Hair is often close-cropped and, if you're lucky, there's a gentle aroma of aftershave.
- Now athletes are using more familiar smells, such as their favourite aftershave or perfume to trigger memories of their strict training regimes.
- I was also a little too aware of the scent of his aftershave or cologne, and the way it was making me faintly dizzy.
- Mia snuggled into the coat, which smelled like aftershave and cologne.
- We were so close I could smell the faint scent of his aftershave.
- The clear gel is a skin prep, shaving gel and aftershave lotion.
- I cuddled up to him and caught the clean, fresh tang of his aftershave, buried deep in his clothes and skin.
- When finally they kiss, Elaine closes her eyes, inhaling the scent of his skin and aftershave.
- Don't forget to put on deodorant every morning, and don't apply too much cologne and aftershave.
- A sniff of perfume, aftershave, air freshener or deodorant can trigger a potentially deadly reaction because of a rare allergy she has developed.
- Most of us have a favourite perfume or aftershave which we hope to be replenished at this time of year.
- He dabbed his face with a towel and then rubbed some aftershave into his skin.
- Start the evening with a shower and some nice deodorant or aftershave.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.