In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1regusto masculinedejo masculineit has a bitter aftertaste — tiene un dejo / regusto amargo
- Who wants to drink a shake that is tasteless, or one that leaves a chalky residue with a bitter aftertaste in your mouth?
- The strawberries were not visible, the chocolate not tasted at all, and the yogurt leaves a funny aftertaste.
- Those with reflux also may feel like food is coming back up into the mouth, leaving a bitter aftertaste of stomach acid.
- Drinking water after a snack will also help remove the aftertaste from your mouth and can help curb your desire for more.
- She chewed the last of the ration bar and cringed at the aftertaste it left in her mouth.
- The gently sweet fruit complements the food to perfection while the clean aftertaste refreshes your palate for another mouthful of spicy food.
- The heady aftertaste lingered just long enough for me to order another one to prolong the experience.
- Desperate to purge the aftertaste, I devoured the accompanying capers, but it didn't work.
- However, the unpleasant aftertaste prevented me from adding this recipe to my all-time favourites list.
- I take it at night because it tends to leave a funny aftertaste in the mouth.
- Served with dark soy sauce and tangy ginger and fresh chili and lime sauces, the dish leaves a lingering aftertaste on the tongue.
- It has a sweet taste without a bitter aftertaste and contributes a relatively small number of calories when it is eaten.
- Frozen shrimp is spongy and dry in texture, with a bit of an aftertaste.
- She sipped her cup of coffee, letting the strong flavor erase the foul aftertaste in her mouth.
- Watermelon ice cream loses its taste after three days, and pineapple ice cream leaves a bitter aftertaste after seven days in storage.
- It's made with slivers of carrot lightly marinated in mustard seed, garlic and vinegar, with a perfumed aftertaste.
- One tester thought it had a bitter aftertaste, another said it tasted of coffee.
- This is a major negative point as it leaves something of a bitter aftertaste on the lips.
- Experts have described is as possessing strong vanilla flavours in the nose and distinct notes of molasses in the aftertaste.
- Low-carb foods often taste different or leave strange aftertastes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.