In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The book includes an introduction, seven narrative chapters, four thematic chapters, a short afterword, and two appendices.
- Also featured is an afterword explaining the text to children and their parents.
- The revised paperback edition came out in 2003 and includes an afterword, on which this article in based.
- Surrounded by an introduction and an afterword, the narratives are organized into three sections, with a small prelude to each section.
- The book concludes with an afterword describing the developments in the village during the past three decades, a brief historical sketch of the Karen people, and some suggestions for further reading about the Karens.
- I wrote an afterword for the first of the benefit books - it was an honour to be able to contribute, and in such sterling company.
- As an afterword to the book makes clear, the author, now in his late eighties, remains politically active today.
- The film critic and biographer has been commissioned to tidy up the novel and write an afterword to set the book in context.
- Its concluding afterword presents an optimistic vision of future developments.
- There is a general introduction at the beginning and an afterword to the entire volume.
- The collection concludes with an engaging afterword.
- A friendship developed and they soon collaborated on the first edition of this volume, published in 1982, and now reprinted with a new afterword.
- This essay is adapted from the afterword of the paperback edition.
- In its afterword, he offered it to them as an authoritative text.
- Included in this work are an afterword, which provides additional information regarding the history of the story, and a pronunciation guide to assist the reader with the language of the Ashanti people.
- Again and again writers have explained themselves in a variety of ways: forewords, afterwords, essays, interviews, journal entries, not to mention stories or poems that rework old themes.
- He wrote in his afterword that the restored edition is worthwhile because it is ‘a novel superior to, more interesting and complex’ than the original published edition.
- He has seasoned all of this with several excellent photo essays, and wraps up his efforts with an afterword and four appendixes.
- There are a Preface, Introduction, fifteen chapters, a conclusion and an afterword.
- A preface would have to make the case before critics read the book, or an afterword would have to cause them to reassess their initial impressions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.