In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Later he became strongly opposed to the theory that proglacial lakes were formed by the agency of huge glacial dams.
- Hence they are not easy to weigh up their adversarial effects which are not known by the agency of action and at the time of the action.
- I may sit and may will for ever that yonder chair come to me, but without the direct agency of my body it must remain where it is.
- The pockets of the farmers, on the other hand, will reluctantly yield but scanty supplies, in the unwelcome shape of impositions on their houses and lands; and personal property is too precarious and invisible a fund to be laid hold of in any other way than by the imperceptible agency of taxes on consumption.
- Happiness is finally restored by the agency of enchanted potions.
1.1(office)agencia feminineadvertising/press/model agency — agencia de publicidad/prensa/modelos
- It draws from every Cabinet department and some independent agencies.
- The usually secretive agency is best known for its major role in creating the Internet.
- Others complain of the huge amount of paperwork and the array of agencies and government bodies they need to deal with.
- Firstly, Scottish Enterprise is a government-funded agency not a government department.
- In urban areas not subject to traditional governing bodies, these alternative agencies often sufficed.
- This is the one agency and government that not only is allowed to pray, it's demanded.
- We believe the Department of Justice is the appropriate agency to look into this matter.
- Second, we do not yet have good coordination among government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- The leading role in it should be taken by federal agencies of the defense sectors of industry.
- The governmental agency that takes care of this long term arrangement is the IRD.
- Now it is Iraqis and one agency alone has 150 foreign workers on its books.
- In the education service the governing body of each agency is the employer of the chief executive.
- So far the executive agency of the Department of Health has said it does not divulge information about faults.
- Ownership rights with different agencies of the Government have aggravated this neglect.
- The confusion does not just extend to government and public agencies.
- Meanwhile, the Prime Minister announced a separate agency to deal with WMD.
- Section 17201 does not include any references to governmental agencies or political entities.
- The company will also look to service the needs of Namibian government departments and agencies.
- The regulatory agencies and local bodies seem to be turning a blind eye to the problem.
- The article then goes on to include the title of the report and the specific agency that issued it.
1.2(branch)sucursal femininefilial feminine
2(means)through the agency of influential friends — a través de / por medio de amigos influyentes
- through the agency of wind and rain — por la acción del viento y la lluvia
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.