In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(office)agencia feminineadvertising/press/model agency — agencia de publicidad/prensa/modelos
- In urban areas not subject to traditional governing bodies, these alternative agencies often sufficed.
- The confusion does not just extend to government and public agencies.
- The company will also look to service the needs of Namibian government departments and agencies.
- In the education service the governing body of each agency is the employer of the chief executive.
- So far the executive agency of the Department of Health has said it does not divulge information about faults.
- Section 17201 does not include any references to governmental agencies or political entities.
- Meanwhile, the Prime Minister announced a separate agency to deal with WMD.
- Now it is Iraqis and one agency alone has 150 foreign workers on its books.
- Firstly, Scottish Enterprise is a government-funded agency not a government department.
- The article then goes on to include the title of the report and the specific agency that issued it.
- Second, we do not yet have good coordination among government agencies and regulatory bodies.
- Others complain of the huge amount of paperwork and the array of agencies and government bodies they need to deal with.
- This is the one agency and government that not only is allowed to pray, it's demanded.
- The regulatory agencies and local bodies seem to be turning a blind eye to the problem.
- The usually secretive agency is best known for its major role in creating the Internet.
- The leading role in it should be taken by federal agencies of the defense sectors of industry.
- The governmental agency that takes care of this long term arrangement is the IRD.
- We believe the Department of Justice is the appropriate agency to look into this matter.
- Ownership rights with different agencies of the Government have aggravated this neglect.
- It draws from every Cabinet department and some independent agencies.
2(branch)sucursal femininefilial feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.