In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1representante de un estado de Australia o de una provincia de Canadá en Londres u otra gran ciudad
- Of course you can send your agent-general to London.
- Each still retains an agent-general in London.
- Jim Maher, former press secretary to just exited NSW Treasurer Michael Egan, will not be going to Kabul as agent-general as suggested by the Sun Herald last week.
- In 1896 Will became agent-general for New Zealand in the United Kingdom, and the family moved to live in London.
- At the outbreak of war, the agent-general in London for Queensland, Sir Thomas Robinson, became Director of Meat Supply for Allied Armies and remained in that position throughout the war.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.