In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1propaganda política feminine
- If it sounds like agitprop, then I'm not doing it justice.
- This is unashamedly agitprop, but there is a missed opportunity.
- But the plot is never subordinated to rhetorical analysis, and rightly so - art needn't be agitprop to enrich our understanding of the world and its injustices.
- Erm… is Pete suggesting that documentaries have less influence on politics and public opinion than agitprop singers?
- His targets include politics and religion, but it is not a political play in any agitprop sense.
- It is entirely unsurprising that fringe groups with intense ideological commitments will engage in propaganda and agitprop journalism, happily distorting the facts to promote their cause.
- Your work tends not to employ direct political messages - it's not agitprop.
- Radical organizations leverage the militant tone and temper set by the delegates to propagate their malevolent agitprop.
- Indeed, TV agitprop from the period shows how backing for the war was won ideologically - through the fear of the evils of Communism during the Cold War, and through the jingoism towards a ‘people who live out there’.
- When a new generation became radicalised in the 1960s and 1970s theatre changed dramatically, with Joan Littlewood's Theatre Workshop in east London and agitprop theatre groups like CAST.
- If you're going to do agitprop you have to be incredibly focused.
- Outgrowing the constraints of the street and agitprop meant that they started to really work.
- It could be argued that this apocalyptic novel is a ghost story, science fiction, transcendental cult fiction, anti-military agitprop or new-age fantasy - it is all of these and more.
- This last point is crucial because Hare avoids the trap of agitprop by cannily subverting the play's anti-war bias.
- Of course, he is in no way obligated to provide solutions, else the play be nothing but a piece of agitprop with an in-your-face agenda.
- ‘News’ is often more agitprop or tabloid than topical.
- Beijing this winter is festooned with orange banners and billboards that look like Communist agitprop.
- It happened in Eastern Europe during the Cold War, where the BBC and Radio Free Europe - aided by rock and roll - proved more powerful than communist state agitprop.
- ‘Political’ drama has, for 20 years, been tainted by memories of 1970s agitprop.
- Please refer all complaints, communist manifestos, Jeffersonian agitprop, and bills to this address.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.