In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1agnóstico masculineagnóstica feminine
- They may presumably be Christians belonging to other churches, or they may be Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, religious or secular humanists, agnostics or atheists.
- That's true, but we have our regulation number of atheists and agnostics as well.
- Casebolt offered 20 labels, including pagan, atheist and agnostic in his Midwestern survey.
- In no nation did the proportion of the religiously affiliated who endorsed either an agnostic or atheist religious position exceed more than six percentage points.
- These lives also bespeak mystery, and make an honest person, agnostic or believing, think - and more than that, wonder.
- It is the cause of hundreds of millions of Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Jains, Budhists, Parsees, agnostics and atheists as well.
- It is certainly possible for a rational agnostic to be a highly moral and responsible person.
- Although not all Skeptics are agnostics, as an agnostic himself Dr Groves sees no evidence for accepting or rejecting the idea of any belief.
- As it is, my thinking has been influenced by Catholics, Christians, Jews, Muslims, Neo-pagans, Baha'i, agnostics and atheists.
- Some of us are believers, others are agnostics or atheists.
- Although many popular spokesmen for evolutionism are self-proclaimed atheists or agnostics, this certainly does not mean that all those who accept evolution in principle are atheists or agnostics.
- Of the four people in the sample that identified themselves as agnostics or atheists, three of them still regularly participated in the life of their congregations.
- Until I can do so I am not an atheist, but an agnostic.
- The agnostics and people who refuted the existence of God were considered equally respected as others.
- It is, in its religious dimension, one of the most vital elements that go to make up the identity of believers and their conception of life, but it is also a precious asset for atheists, agnostics, sceptics and the unconcerned.
- Ruttledge is an agnostic who once apparently considered the priesthood.
- All individuals (believers, agnostics or atheists) will naturally have a mixture to varying degrees, and they will differ across cultures.
- A considerable minority even consider themselves atheists or agnostics.
- Sagan himself routinely described himself as an agnostic, and believed that the question of God's existence is inherently outside science.
- And yet, they are agnostics, doubters and explorers.
1(all senses)agnósticothe app is platform-agnostic — la aplicación es independiente de plataforma
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.