In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their decision to leave dairying comes as their two sons pursue careers outside agriculture.
- If the plants perform as well as hoped, it could dramatically change agriculture.
- In recent years, the use of pesticides in agriculture has been increasing steadily.
- Mr Egan was on the cusp of a career in which he promised to be devoted to farming and agriculture.
- In reality, they were vast slum areas without industry or fertile soil for agriculture.
- The productivity of the eastern system of agriculture declined in the seventeenth century.
- Applicants must come from farm families and plan to pursue a career in the field of agriculture.
- Success in obtaining the required output of food from agriculture depends on soil fertility.
- All are based on the food and agriculture industries both vital to the Irish economy.
- Soil salinity poses serious limitations to agriculture in many areas around the world.
- The main form of agriculture was pastoral with cattle and sheep being grazed on unenclosed lands.
- Hedgerows and indigenous species of plants lost though agriculture would be brought back.
- So bread came before agriculture and agriculture came before culture and civilisation.
- Aside from some cultivation of sugar cane and cotton, there is little agriculture.
- Modern agriculture is justified on the grounds that it produces more on less land.
- We've got to make a commitment to try to improve the lives of animals used on farms and in agriculture.
- The protection of domestic agriculture must be recognised as a food security imperative.
- They have opened the way to a new phase in the history of agriculture, animal breeding and husbandry.
- Essentially this ditches almost all animal agriculture except for beef and dairy products.
- How did English agriculture manage to raise labour productivity to such high levels?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.