In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- ABC of agrobiology; the quantitative science of plant life and plant nutrition for gardeners, farmers and general readers.
- SIR - I would like to thank Mr Suchi for his comments regarding the dangers of genetic contamination in agrobiology.
- I am referring to genetic manipulation in agrobiology.
- Awarded the degree of PhD in agrobiology for the thesis entitled ‘Studies on hemolymph proteins in the silkmoths.’
- Also, as a rule for settling trade disputes in the field of agrobiology, application of various WTO agreements is emerging as an important challenge for the global community.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.