In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sida masculineSIDA masculine
- The women also manufacture and administer a health drink to people infected with Aids.
- As the slogan goes in Australia, just remember, Aids doesn't discriminate, people do.
- That is a higher fatality rate than heart disease, Aids and car accidents.
- A vaccine for malaria or Aids would be a longer time coming without them.
- Four times as many Americans die of the flu each year now than they do of Aids.
- Finally, a landmark in the history of HIV and Aids gave a signal for optimism.
- What might have been a story about dying of Aids became a story about living with HIV.
- Councillors hope the move will help cut the borough's rising rates of HIV and Aids.
- The Aids pandemic in some rural areas has led to famine, that is affecting millions of people.
- A person is said to have Aids when the immune system starts to fail and cannot fend off infections.
- In addition, using birth control, particularly condoms, would help stop the spread of Aids.
- But Aids is a major issue made worse by the chaos and the lack of structure in the society.
- He said, hesitantly, that he thought she had done a lot for people with Aids and he had had friends who died of Aids.
- Powell said entire generations were at risk from Aids and other infectious diseases.
- Researchers are concerned that the way in which HIV and Aids is taught in schools adds to the stigma.
- Perhaps the most important area of this debate, however, relates to the early epidemiology of Aids.
- It is also, as is increasingly the case, a country where HIV and Aids are widespread.
- Malaria kills more people than Aids in Africa, but this fact never seems to grab the headlines.
- In her speech, she paid tribute to volunteers who take time to care for people living with Aids.
- To gain any knowledge of the nature of HIV / Aids it is necessary to dip into a wide spectrum of subjects.
- acquired immune deficiency syndrome
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.