In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vía aérea femininepasillo aéreo masculinecorredor aéreo masculine
- She gave him a level gaze, which drew his attention away from the air lane briefly.
- This first mid air collision forced authorities to devise the air lane system in which airlines are allotted strict routes, times and schedules to avoid such tragedies.
- Well, the reason for it was we had a highway in there and the air lane into Berlin was in the eastern Germany, which was under Russian control.
- In these cases, the consequential use of lesser-used air lanes would help reduce congestion at major centres.
- Does he believe the decision by the corporation to shut down the primary radar will compromise the safety of air lanes; if not, why not?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.