In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1poderío aéreo masculine
- In the Gulf War, air power was not used as an end unto itself, but rather to bring specific effects to the enemy.
- By the time of the bombing of Hiroshima, many of Japan's large cities had been attacked severely by American air power.
- World War II saw the use of air power to destroy an adversary's industrial capacity.
- The attack would use a combination of old and new - cavalry, air power, artillery and tanks that would be supported by infantry.
- Air power doctrine also describes the capabilities and roles that air power can undertake.
- He won, because impending commitments of air power in Europe took precedence.
- Szayna has a specialized chapter on how new members must upgrade their readiness in air power.
- After all, the United States was protected by the atomic bomb and unmatched air power.
- Both land and naval power was necessary to enable air power to operate, and so it was in the first few years of the nuclear era.
- Tactical air power saw the war as justification for a strategy based on supporting ground forces.
- The Fifth US Army, with the whole weight of Allied air power switched to its support, attacked on 15 April.
- The book's thesis emphasizes the supremacy of air power in shaping the battlefield.
- By the outbreak of war, air power strategists were looking at aircraft with new respect.
- In addition, Fettweis's belief in the dominance and efficacy of air power seems misplaced.
- We decided to investigate the integration of air power with special operations on the ground.
- While the Army tends to view air power as merely an air artillery, the Air Force looks at itself as a strategic force.
- In addition to providing air dominance, Airmen contribute expeditionary air power.
- If the victorious powers of the First World War were investing little in military air power, this was not true elsewhere in the world.
- The importance of air power had not been underestimated by any of the belligerents before 1914.
- Armoured combined arms countered by air power and infantry anti-armour weapons
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.