In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1escopeta de aire comprimido femininerifle de aire comprimido masculine
- They found a .22 calibre carbine and a powerful air rifle were not in the armoury where they should have been stored.
- He said he fired the air rifle because he was ‘extremely frightened’ for himself and his wife.
- After losing some money to robbers and conmen, Edwards bought an air rifle and air pistol to ‘protect himself’.
- A scope is almost mandatory for an air rifle, and airgun scopes can have great profit margins.
- In an air rifle the projectile is supposedly driven down the rifling of the barrel by a source of gas other than that provided by a fast burning mixture.
- A BOY, aged 14, was shot in the back with an air rifle as a gunman fired randomly from an upper-floor flat in York.
- But he stressed that, by their unanimous verdict, the jury had decided he should not have fired the air rifle.
- There were also allegations that an air rifle had been fired during chaotic scenes.
- This week, police were called after an air rifle pellet was fired at a classroom window while youngsters were having lessons.
- Months of suffering at children's hands drove a young householder to fire an air rifle into a street of youngsters, York magistrates heard.
- He had entered through the shrubbery and had shot an air rifle at the bungalow, Mr. B. returning the fire.
- Vandals have fired an air rifle at the windows of a pre-school.
- The pellet fired from an air rifle lodged just centimetres from Lee's eye socket.
- A local man had to have an operation to remove a pellet, which police believe might have been fired from an air rifle.
- Reports of an air rifle pellet being fired at school.
- A 35-YEAR-OLD man who fired an air rifle after police were called in has been jailed for 18 months.
- The four day meet will have various air rifle and air pistol events in both men's and women's sections.
- A MAN who killed a friend in his flat when he fired a powerful air rifle at him, not realising it was loaded, has been convicted of his manslaughter.
- A woman on disability benefits narrowly missed being hurt by a youth firing an air rifle.
- Pellet selection ultimately comes down to which pellet is most accurate in your air rifle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.