In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ataque aéreo masculine
- Before starting, Crombez asked for and received an air strike.
- Some, or all, of these could be used by the American military in the form of a surgical air strike.
- They call in an air strike and the troops must quickly leave the danger area.
- Found an enemy base, but unable to call in an air strike?
- Preparations for an air strike would fare little better.
- A few days later the enemy reopens the tunnel but a friendly air strike seals it again.
- The New Zealanders again attacked the town of Cassino, this time after a massive air strike and artillery bombardment.
- Military officials said the air strike killed a leading radical.
- Seven soldiers were here just to call an air strike.
- Many units were pulled out for the evening in preparation of a full-scale air strike that was scheduled to last for up to twelve hours.
- Nor could he offer any reason why the US military had responded by calling for a massive air strike.
- It never surprised anyone when the US decided on an air strike.
- From a tactical point of view the air strike was a disaster; for its victims it was truly appalling.
- The second air strike by the Japanese was also a failure.
- He's essentially calling in an air strike on his own position in hopes of killing the enemy.
- An air strike was called off because a lawyer at US Central Command was concerned about the risk of disproportionate civilian casualties.
- A Marine spokesman says the air strike was related to the chopper crash.
- No amount of élan will save units caught in the open by a well-timed artillery barrage or an air strike using fuel-air explosives.
- The President said the air strike could lead to a ‘general confrontation’.
- Two buildings thought to be insurgent command centers were destroyed in an air strike on May 13.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.