In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1apoyo aéreo masculine
- Before they arrived in the country, carrier-based aircraft and others provided air support.
- Close air support from loitering bombers over the area of operations also proved noteworthy.
- Modern ground forces use aircraft in traditional close air support roles.
- The army often supplies air support for militia operations.
- Aircraft and especially close air support might operate much more effectively then.
- However, the ultimate success of the Australian Army depended on Allied air support.
- The center also plans, directs and controls the sorties that provide troops with a constant tactical air support.
- One of the strongest points of this book is the portrayal of Mitchell's early commitment to air support for the ground battle.
- A helicopter hovers overhead, a bit of air support for the ground troops.
- Coalition forces provided air support to drive off the militants.
- Without the ability to see friendly and enemy troops on the ground, such air support is almost meaningless.
- The Air Force objected to the Army having such a capability because tactical air support was the role of the Air Force.
- The unit has the only hardened bunker air support operations center in the Air Force.
- Their job is to control close air support and attack sorties and provide weather information.
- It started small: first as reconnaissance and then as support to ground operations in the form of close air support.
- They were supplied with weapons and air support from helicopter gunships and bombers.
- Their main job is providing close air support to ground forces in the field.
- Intermittent rain and high winds were hampering clean-up operations and threatening to ground air support.
- A very large maneuver area, a lot of air support and ground fire combined together on these exercises.
- Coalition ground forces wanted air support to take out harassing enemy artillery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.