1(carried by the air)(dust/seeds) transportado por el aire
- They are huge birds, up to a metre tall and 16 kg in weight, making them the heaviest airborne birds in the world.
- Experts said a contaminated vehicle may have spread the disease, but airborne transmission over such a distance is not unknown.
- Some reckon uncontrolled crowds pose as much a danger to the monument as airborne pollution.
- It is usually a very mild infection, transmitted as a moderately contagious airborne infection.
- He was struck down with what is believed to be the airborne virus Norwalk on Tuesday tea-time, and his mother became ill a few hours later.
- Visitors have been told not to bring fruit and flowers in case they transmit the airborne virus and strict visiting times are being enforced.
- Environmental health chiefs are still waiting for test results but early indications are that it is the airborne virus Norwalk.
- At the moment, therefore, the virus cannot be said to be airborne, which minimises the possibility of infection.
- The airborne virus has considerable stability in aerosol form.
- No microalgae have so far been found and the ministry is now also gathering air samples to see whether the problem is airborne.
- This applies especially along the east coast, given the possibility of airborne spread from Britain.
- These attach themselves to airborne pollutants such as exhaust fumes, giving them an electrical charge.
- However, a nasty airborne variant of influenza would be something else.
- An airborne hyper-powered version of influenza is far nastier, and we are not prepared for it.
- Few people know that chicken pox is an airborne disease which can easily spread when an infected person sneezes or coughs.
- This reduction is particularly true for airborne particles that can be measured by looking at levels of Black Smoke.
- It is hoped such agreements will lead to lower levels of airborne traveling toxins.
- Concerning air quality, we continue to maintain a national network to gauge airborne pollution.
- If there is a quantity of smoke or other airborne pollutant particles present, it is known as smog.
- Our major concerns are pollution of all descriptions, both airborne and noise.
2(transported by air)(troops/units) aerotransportado
3(off the ground)the plane is now airborne — el avión ha despegado
- I realized we were airborne — me di cuenta de que volábamos