In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the late 1990s Honda was developing turbine engines for aircraft, and composite airframes.
- Rand also has completed extensive research in identifying those explanatory variables that are of most significance when developing regression models for aircraft airframes.
- As long as the airframes and engines are well maintained, the age of the aircraft doesn't matter.
- We'll stick with the more conveniently acquired aircraft that can actually be bought and flown as if they're normal aircraft because their engines and airframes are fairly easily supported.
- Commissioned by the U.S. government to create a powered aircraft, Langley spent a fortune developing airframes and engines.
- It was determined that airfreight would minimise the risk of further damage to the airframe and return the aircraft in a controlled environment.
- The crew chief and his crew members maintained the airframe, engines, controls, and accessory systems.
- The first 22 airframes - 14 flyable aircraft and eight nonflying ground-test articles - will be built on that assembly line during the current phase of the program.
- For much of his life, Steve was interested in creating small airframes with small engines that would rely on aeronautical efficiency for exceptional performance-with one great exception!
- Maintainers explain that after each flight, they have to rinse the saltwater off the airframes and engines, and every 30 days they thoroughly wash the helicopters.
- On the other hand, the airframe damage to the aircraft belly was considerable.
- While it had no engine, the airframe was in good shape so Bill bought the plane and had it hauled to Dallas where an engine and prop were installed.
- In England, they gained valuable knowledge on a wide variety of combat engines and airframes similar to those they would service in France.
- And it was apparent that even the most knowledgeable mechanics needed training on the peculiarities of aviation engines and airframes.
- When expeditionary forces are on the move, aircraft maintenance assures that airframes can maintain the force flow required by the war fighter.
- Little, if anything, was done to preserve the airframe but the engine was kept in running condition.
- Both the wings were torn off and the engine separated from the airframe.
- The facility was engineered to apply a specific load test to the airframe of the aircraft in a controlled environment.
- A decision was made to flight-test the airframe, but without the jets.
- For many of these installations, no actual modifications to the airframe or engine need to be performed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.