In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(chamber)cámara estanca feminine
- The door to the chamber slowly opened, just as the airlock door began to do the same.
- Also it is usually necessary to have airlocks and space suits for astronaut egresses.
- Dual Russian and U.S. airlocks are functional and support spacewalks.
- For their part, Russian engineers believe a small air leak from their airlock hatch could be cause.
- A petty officer released the airlock door's locking mechanism and pulled it open.
- The shelters work by inflating quickly and have an airlock and pressure system which keeps out contamination.
- Space Shuttle Atlantis will launch July 12 to carry a new airlock to the International Space Station.
- The ramp began to slide back inside the side of the ship and the airlock door automatically swung shut.
- These protocols may include sealed work areas, negative pressure, airlocks, powered air purifying respirators, and protective clothing.
- The crew activated it before leaving the airlock and stowed it on the outside of the docking compartment.
- The outer door of the airlock slid to one side when the air pressure in the airlock exactly matched that outside it, of course.
- Stepping into the airlock, he opened the door to the outside.
- The windows are triple-glazed, and the doors are freezer-grade, with airlocks.
- The job will set the stage to restore use of the airlock as a base for spacewalks using U.S. spacesuits.
- During that flight, Leonov performed the first space walk, leaving the spacecraft through an inflatable airlock for several minutes.
- In high-traffic areas, airlocks or vestibules are worth considering.
- He arrived at the briefing room, and the larger airlock doors, not pressurized at the moment, whooshed open.
- The airlock near the door hissed open as the transport completed its docking procedure.
- Patch says he and Paxton can do most of the repairs inside the ship themselves, but until the airlock and bay door is replaced, we won't be launching anytime soon.
- The snow blew in after us through the first set of doors in the airlock.
2(in pipe)burbuja de aire feminine
- He then slowly filled the rest of the system taking care to avoid creating airlocks.
- If an airlock occurs, simply turn the pump on/off repeatedly until airlock clears.
- It is a pipe that runs from the toilet drain to the outside, usually to the roof. This prevents air lock in the drain line.
- Had this problem myself, what has happened is that you have an airlock in the hose from the tank to the burner so the oil is not getting to the burner.
- Their work started about an hour behind schedule because of trouble with an airlock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.