In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1correo aéreo masculine(envelope/paper) de aviónto send sth (by) airmail — mandar / enviar algo por avión / por vía aérea
- the airmail edition of The Times — la edición aérea del Times
- They're sending our things via airmail tomorrow.
- On 20 April, TWA inaugurated America's first 24-hour coast-to-coast airmail and express service.
- It was one of the few that sold letter pads of onionskin paper, lightweight and therefore used primarily for airmail so one could save on postage.
- I finished the order - now paranoid that the face of the parcel doesn't meet the standards required for airmail.
- Then came the internet, credit cards and cheap international airmail.
- Their March edition, I've just received it by airmail, it has some excellent and thought-provoking and theologically astute articles about the issue.
- A subscription costs $116.00 a year and $12.00 extra for airmail to the U.S.
- The leaves arrived the next week via airmail in a bubble-wrap envelope marked at customs by the U.S. Postal Service as ‘incense.’
- I know the price includes postage, but normal airmail to and from the US usually takes anywhere between one and three weeks.
- There is an unrestricted ‘full letter rate’, for which you can send anything at all, but there are two other special airmail postal rates (which both cost around half as much).
- In keeping with the idea that the students were to produce a book, 1 told them that their third drafts would be sent by airmail to an environmental historian who did not know them.
- Delivery takes 3-4 weeks by airmail, or 5-7 weeks by boat; there is a no-time-limit, 100% money-back guarantee.
- The following year, on 25 September, Earle Ovington flew the first Post Office sanctioned airmail as part of an aerial meet at Garden City, New York.
- International orders will be sent using Expresspost (to participating countries) or by registered airmail.
- Under legal system, the remitter can send a bank draft via airmail to his/her relatives.
- Sussmann has passed on my documents by airmail to Georg.
- The charge for international postal packages sent by land or by airmail is raised by an average of 30 per cent.
- Price: $8 USD for overseas orders, 20 shekels in Israel, including airmail postage.
- The act shifted responsibility for overseeing airmail from the U.S. Army to the Post Office Department after several pilots were killed in accidents due to inexperience and faulty equipment.
- It's true that you do have to be patient with the orders - even if you pay for expedited delivery or airmail, it can still sometimes take months to receive an order, so you must order far in advance of when you need the product.
1mandar por aviónmandar por vía aéreaenviar por aviónenviar por vía aérea
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.