In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So, right now they're probably going to bring some kind of a vehicle to the airplane.
- Flying what kind of airplane, for whom and for what amount of income remains to be seen.
- I mean you just don't turn a key on like you do an automobile or ordinary airplane.
- I guess it depends on whether the airport was damaged or not, whether some fixed win airplanes can get in.
- Non-skydivers can't believe anyone would jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
- Did anyone else have bad dreams and nightmares about airplane crashes?
- With one last kiss, Nick got onto that airplane, leaving Lily waving behind him.
- For most, the cost of flying lessons and airplanes meant that wasn't a very practical option.
- With the exception of a few cruise ships, people can only access the islands by airplane.
- Cars are now nearly as sensitive to weight distribution as airplanes are.
- I managed to hitch a ride on Josh's airplane just in the nick of time.
- Lots of flying in noisy airplanes for air to air photography but not much joy of flying.
- The companies that work on airplanes or the power grid don't really understand them as wholes any more.
- An editorial on Monday about the new jumbo Airbus misstated the weight of the airplane.
- The relevant categories for our operations are the weight shift and fixed wing or airplane categories.
- Seconds later, an airplane darted by, flying straight into the cerulean blue horizon.
- It is capable of handling crosswinds and it's a relatively easy airplane to fly from a pilot's point of view.
- As the wind goes over this house it's kind of almost like what happens on a wing of an airplane isn't it?
- In this airplane the added weight that the structure required is not worth the trade off.
- Now we are going by airplane, it is very risky, but we are taking the dangers anyway.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.