- But he also drops some of his aitches, so he'll say ‘orse for horse, and that's something that doesn't usually happen in Scotland.
- We're in the sort of plush Glasgow hotel where waiters scuttle along behind you sweeping up your dropped aitches.
- The dropping of aitches is widespread and is generally considered substandard.
- To describe the noise, I've tried every combination of vowels and aitches.
- She tried the name, again giving the hard consonant of the ‘K’ and the aitch a sibilant sound.