In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1albino masculinealbina feminine(mouse/human) albino
- According to Foley, the animal is not a true albino but is merely a lighter color than the average giraffe.
- He walks up next to him holding hands with her, a girl of her height who is a total albino, with white skin and hair, and pink eyes.
- He was pretty buff; his skin was slightly pale but not that of a usual albino.
- Huang is an albino who suffers from debilitated eyesight.
- Sandy had never seen Nika's eyes, and wondered sometimes if they were pink, and her friend an albino.
- Like albinos and partial albinos, the occurrence of pale birds is the result of genetic abnormalities in both male and female.
- It was a mutation; White was almost completely an albino, the skin on his body almost devoid of pigment.
- For a fleeting second she saw Natai again, standing out with his striking dark hair against the multitude of albinos but then he was gone.
- Without melanin in albinos ' eyes, the blood vessels are visible, so the eyes are pink.
- Since a lack of pigment leaves albinos defenseless against both ultraviolet rays and light; [,] they are subject to severe photophobia and heliophobia (fear of light and the sun) from birth on.
- For those who want to go on and argue this I will refer you to lack of skin pigmentation in albinos.
- The Farrelly Brothers are masters of the gross out comedy, but this effort is simply obnoxious and unfunny as it takes cheap shots at race, midgets, albinos and mental illness, along with the usual lavatory humour.
- I saw a child who was albino, the hair like floss, the eyes with points of pink in them that reached up and grabbed my soul.
- Like most Shyonites, she had very pale, almost albino skin and medium-length white hair that fell down to her chin in a straight line; a braid made sure it stayed that way.
- The man's eyes where red and his hair was long and white like an albino.
- Researchers at Jefferson Medical College have used a gene repair technique to genetically change white albino mice hairs to black by correcting a point mutation in the tyrosinase gene.
- It was the albino's hair that lead Harry Ricketts to [transtasman] rivalry, real estate and beer-drinking.
- The man that she knew as James stood with a golden-haired man who had to be General Ben Karàlüpiàth, a man that she recognised as Dorian Damano and a fourth man with pale hair and skin, almost as white as an albino.
- It is indeed an albino, pure white feathers, beak of brownish yellow - and in every other regard a crow.
- A muzzle poked out, but I was disappointed to see that it was the pink nose of an albino colt.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.