In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(book)álbum masculinephotograph/stamp album — álbum de fotos/sellos
- If your photographs are to be kept in albums to show to your friends then stay conventional.
- When Maura met with me she carried at least five or six photo albums and bags of photographs.
- Within two minutes of taking to the road, we have already been added to several family albums.
- I used to watch my dad as he placed our family photos in albums like this, neatly annotating them as he went along.
- So start looking through your drawers and picture albums to see if you can come up with the goods!
- She shows me an album of pictures of her father and sister, neither of whom she ever met.
- Went though my digitised photos giving them meaningful names and dates and folders like albums.
- One look at the suspect's family album ought to have wrapped up the case in seconds.
- We had been down there once before, showing the guards our pictures in our albums when we had first arrived.
- She closed the album and set the book inside her trunk, nestling it among her clothing.
- We are off for another look through the family album with a glass of Black Tower.
- You could look through a photo album or a diary of your child's birth, for example.
- We also got a phone call from the photographer last night, our wedding album is ready!
- One of his greatest pastimes was looking at photo albums and books of family history.
- More cheaply, you can get a photo of your choice put on the cover of a photo album or address book.
- The photo albums contain various photographs of me in advanced states of disrepair.
- Once we have digital copies of the other pictures I'll add the best of those to the album too.
- There are no photographs from his family album or of him performing with the famous.
- At some point, the album left the ownership of the Churchill family and was found in a skip.
- Was it the case, or is it something you were conscious of when recording the album?
- Not a bad double album, but imagine what an amazing single album it would have made.
- Some tracks have been excerpted from relatively new, as well as soon to be released albums.
- You recorded two albums as part of Bel Canto, which was, and still is, a rather successful band.
- To anyone else, it should be one of the best debut albums from a rock band in the last few years.
- Thousands of new albums and singles are released every year in every conceivable genre.
- Spanning four albums, this collection is an autobiography of her life over the past decade.
- Their debut album is due for release later this year, and the girls describe it as being unique.
- The only sad thing is that the process is taking longer than their debut album suggested.
- These albums have been released without the knowledge or consent of the band.
- Chesney has now recorded a new album, from which the second single is due out in a few months.
- Style is all well and good for a debut, but second albums require more substance and further expansion.
- One minute I was recording my album not having a clue how well it'd do and the next it was on!
- First albums are often collections of tracks recorded over a long period of time.
- Well, we've had a couple of line up changes and released a couple of albums.
- The only regret is that this fertile collaboration was not extended to a full album.
- Thousands of albums are released every year, far more than the world could possibly need.
- He's a great deal smaller and thinner than he looks in photographs or on his album sleeves.
- He recorded many albums and tapes and a book of his music and tunes has also been published.
- We actually have a second album that we recorded that is just sitting on the shelf.
- This is one of the most exciting debut albums to be issued on the Waterford music scene.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.