In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(cosmetics/drink) sin alcoholthe coffee bar is an alcohol-free area — en la cafetería no se sirven bebidas alcohólicas
- Then he downs a whole pint of beer - alcohol-free, one must add, otherwise the very valid question would arise how precisely he manages to negotiate his arias with so much beer inside.
- Try alcohol-free beers, wines, and mixed drinks as a substitute.
- I seek leave to table one example I found in Amsterdam, which is alcohol-free beer.
- Off I went, in search of the needle that is an alcohol-free beverage in Glasgow's haystack.
- A grown-up juice to serve at elegant lunches and brunches, or as an alcohol-free beverage on spirited occasions.
- Alas, this tasting shows that many brewers have not improved the drinkability of their alcohol-free beers and lagers since their introduction.
- Consider also that alcohol-free beverages and drinks are loaded with profit.
- Effects are more or less the same whether light, regular or alcohol-free beer is consumed.
- Two new gourmet burgers were introduced, three new alcohol-free beverages and two beverage alcohol cocktails.
- It is critically important to market to this growing segment of the population with a diverse and dynamic selection of alcohol-free beverages.
- Let me make it plain from my position of considerable authority and experience of the subject of being drunk, there is no point to drinking alcohol-free anything.
- Recently she flew to Sweden to promote alcohol-free Sekt - Germany's version of champagne. ‘I had to sit in a whirlpool wearing a little bikini,’ she says, with a shy smile.
- And who could ever have though that someone would actually take the step of brewing alcohol-free beer?
- It's like alcohol-free lager or decaffeinated coffee.
- Sip from frothy coffee ice cream smoothies or alcohol-free cocktails and indulge in the salon atmosphere.
- One unfortunate fan swore he was drunk after drinking five pints within the stadium - only later discovering it was alcohol-free beer on sale.
- Sexual abstinence is as likely to take off as the chocolate radiator or the alcohol-free martini - be it in Africa, America or Britain.
- I have been known to drink alcohol-free beer, though, and I could almost see the point of alcohol-free wine if only the alcohol didn't make such a difference to the body and taste.
- Drink at least 1.5 litres (6 cups or glasses) of liquid per day, preferably unsweetened and alcohol-free beverages.
- I agree with this - competition-free sport is as useful as alcohol-free beer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.