In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mezcla de refresco y alcohol, ideado para consumidores jóvenes
- It is time for women to leave behind lager and alcopops to quaff real ale, according to the first female head of the Campaign for Real Ale.
- Donna, also 18, from East Didsbury is proud to admit she loves drinking alcopops.
- It was accepted he had drunk five or six pints of lager and two alcopops.
- Mr Melia had three pints of lager, a bottle of alcopops and a double brandy and coke on a night out with friends before getting behind the wheel.
- In December, 18 out of 22 premises sold beer, strong cider, lager and alcopops to two 15-year-old boys.
- One recent survey found that 59% of 15-year-olds drink alcopops.
- Philip Sutcliffe, from Appleby Road in Kendal, has to endure the tempting smell of the beer that slowly drains past his feet as the bottles of lager, pils and alcopops fill up around him.
- The 16-stone defendant had drunk several pints of beer, alcopops and a quadruple vodka.
- But their celebrations hadn't long started, when police, tipped off by school staff, raided the party and seized lager, beer, vodka and alcopops.
- PC Alison Westmorland works with young people around South Lakeland: ‘It used to be cider and shandy, now it's alcopops and vodka.’
- Why do we allow alcopops and alcohol iceblocks to be targeted at our young?
- By contrast, the traditionally more popular blended whiskies are barely holding on against vodka, rum and alcopops.
- The court heard the teenagers and Huffey got involved in a drinking competition and drank a pint of wine each on top of more alcopops they had been drinking earlier.
- They recently played tiny venues in Orkney, Ullapool, Skye, and Fort William where the crowd were very young, very excited by the idea of a famous band and very drunk on alcopops.
- Police concerns are heightened by the fact that the alcohol seized has frequently consisted of not only beer and alcopops, but also bottles of strong spirits.
- The drinks industry is now facing demands that it puts a warning label on bottled drinks, particularly alcopops, advising women of the link between heavy drinking and sex attacks.
- Sergeant Jim Nicholls, who is in charge of the team, said his officers seized 35 cans of lager, as well as bottles of beer, cider and alcopops.
- Defence barrister David Taylor said he did it because he had drunk ten to 12 pints, and several alcopops with vodka.
- The development of alcopops and other drinks clearly designed to attract the young is one of its most unpleasant developments.
- He recently called on all pubs to withdraw alcopops as ‘alcohol consumption is a very serious problem in Ireland and needs to be addressed’.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.