In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cerveza femininereal ale — cerveza de elaboración tradicional
- I had a pint of Castle Eden traditional draught ale to wash it all down.
- While one brewing insider said that the chilled hybrid mix of lager and ale was way ahead of its time, most others though it was really pretty awful.
- A copper coloured (golden brown) American style ale / lager hybrid with a lasting head.
- For example, pilsner is one of the most popular lagers, while porter and stout are examples of ales.
- For this reason, real ale is also commonly referred to as cask-conditioned or bottle-conditioned ale.
- This new style of beer tasted different from traditional ale and was received with initial suspicion in England.
- Two publicans in the city centre were found to have added 10 cents to the prices of a measure of whiskey and pints of stout, ale, lager and cider.
- The most common, or at least best known are lager, ale, stout and pilsner.
- Moreover, they are not drinking the servant's traditional porter or ale, but ‘punch’.
- But the star attraction - cask beer and bottled ale at sensible prices - had never changed.
- The Skeff Bar, Eyre Square, raised the price of a pint of stout, ale, lager, cider and a measure of whiskey by 10 cents.
- It brews a range of 10 lagers, ales and stouts at a plant in Blanchardstown - the microbrewery in Temple Bar has been removed - and these are supplied exclusively to the five outlets.
- A dark beer such as Rickard's Red or Double Diamond will add smokier flavour while a lager or ale such as Brick's Red Cap will add a little bite.
- More than 50 cask ales, lagers and ciders will be on available, including Abbot Ale, Cumberland Ale, Titanic Iceberg and Sam Smith's Old Brewery Bitter.
- Also on display was his lager and strong ale, so we gave it a quality control test, to make sure that they still tasted good.
- The Wellington charged an extra 50 cent on a pint of stout, ale and lager, with 40 cent extra on cider.
- At the bar there are a variety of lagers, draught ale and hand-pulls, a selection of bottled drinks and eight different types of wine.
- In Wednesday's budget, he is expected to slash the duty that breweries have to pay on ale, beer and stout.
- First, on 11 December 1979 AB applied to register the mark BUDWEISER for beer, ale and porter.
- The company brews its own selection of nine stouts, ales and lagers in Dublin using chemical-free, unpasteurised brewing methods.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.