In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Pierre went on to study the latest mathematics, in particular studying algebra and geometry.
- I do not doubt that this is the most important work on general algebra that the Annalen has ever published.
- Ernst Schröder's important work is in the area of algebra, set theory and logic.
- The book contained the elements of geometry and algebra in addition to the calculus.
- It is devoted mainly to arithmetic and algebra, with just a few problems on geometry and mensuration.
- He had a distinguished career as a math professor, specializing in algebra, algebraic geometry and number theory.
- König worked on a wide range of topics in algebra, number theory, geometry, set theory, and analysis.
- Aitken's mathematical work was in statistics, numerical analysis, and algebra.
- Mill only deals with geometry, arithmetic, and some algebra, not the branches of higher mathematics.
- It is time to take a look at this most outstanding work on algebra in Greek mathematics.
- He wrote several books on arithmetic, algebra, geometry and astronomy.
- Wall's research is mostly in the area of geometric topology and related algebra.
- Among his many mathematical achievements can be included profound discoveries in logic, algebra and differential equations.
- In short, his interest in classical algebra and number theory brought him to abstract semigroups.
- He failed in his application for the chair of algebra and number theory at Uppsala University.
- He worked on algebra and graph theory, combining the two to produce his first outstanding contribution to matroid theory.
- The mathematical topics that Delone studied include algebra, the geometry of numbers.
- It was an exciting time with increasing mathematical activity in algebra.
- They are the basis of mathematical logic, which in turn gives rise to Boolean algebra.
- We have looked briefly at Zorn's contributions to algebra and to set theory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.