In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Albanese's research involved examining curves on algebraic surfaces and the genus of an algebraic variety.
- Remak made important contributions to algebraic number theory.
- It also meant that Wiles' earlier work in algebraic number theory would be helpful, and that he would probably generate some interesting problems-whether or not he found a proof.
- He also published results on algebras which were fundamental in the study of algebraic number fields.
- According to Rotman, the justification of homological algebra is that it eventually proved useful in solving purely algebraic problems.
- Fermat preferred the algebraic techniques that he used to such devastating effect in number theory.
- Bromwich also made useful contributions to quadratic and bilinear forms and many consider his algebraic work to be his finest.
- Baker, while on a visit to Göttingen, was inspired by Klein to study algebraic function theory.
- In other work he looked at problems relating properties of algebraic number fields to algebraic K-theory.
- It dealt with the sum of integrals of a given algebraic function.
- Betti extended and gave proofs relating to the algebraic concepts of Galois theory.
- Back in Berlin he worked on his doctoral thesis on algebraic number theory under Dirichlet's supervision.
- He tried, with great success, to show why the introduction of algebraic notation was necessary and inevitable.
- Even his analytical work was guided by algebraic and linear algebraic methods.
- Does Rijndael's algebraic formulation make the algorithm easier to crack than other cryptosystems not designed this way?
- Herbrand also worked on field theory considering abelian extensions of algebraic number fields.
- This gave powerful results such as a purely algebraic proof of the Riemann Roch theorem.
- His work in algebraic number theory led him to study the quaternions and generalisations such as Clifford algebras.
- In 1874 he submitted this doctoral dissertation on algebraic integers and was awarded the degree.
- The papers look at algebraic curves, the Riemann Roch theorem and algebraic polynomials.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.