In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Another arithmetical result presented by Brahmagupta is his algorithm for computing square roots.
- The algorithm employs quite elementary arithmetic and is stated by the authors in just 13 lines.
- The service relies on computer algorithms to select and summarise the stories generating the widest coverage.
- One of the first applications of the simplex algorithm was to the determination of an adequate diet that was of least cost.
- The appropriate degree of adjustment may be helped by nomograms or computer algorithms.
- An algorithm known as the simplex method can be used to find these optimal strategies, but it will not be pursued here.
- He solved cubic equations by extending an algorithm for finding cube roots.
- Mathematicians can use similar algorithms to generate fractals and other forms.
- Malcev also created a synthesis of the theory of algebras and of algorithms called constructive algebras.
- Kleene's research was on the theory of algorithms and recursive functions.
- This first step is here reduced to a simple algorithm suitable for computer use.
- I love numbers and always as an amusement, and more seriously than that, invented new algorithms to calculate them.
- All the algorithms to carry out arithmetical operations are presented in this way and no proofs are given.
- The following year he wrote on number theory, making a contribution to the theory of the Euclidean algorithm.
- Here there is no unfolding to a single planar component but the algorithm finds an unfolding with four planar components.
- The theory of algorithms and a variety of computational models were developed.
- He began to study mathematical logic and the theory of algorithms just before 1940.
- Having established the nature of equilibria, Smale began to think algorithms for their computation.
- Leibniz considered the possibility of algorithms which would apply to logical argument as well as mathematics.
- In fact there are many hybrid systems where asymmetric algorithms are used to distribute keys for symmetric algorithms.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.