In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Lawalias masculineshe traveled under an alias — viajaba usando un alias / bajo un nombre falso
- He was buried in the Old Church at Middleburg in August 1660 under the alias George Sanders.
- There were five different passports that each had a different alias he used whenever he traveled abroad.
- Writing under the alias John MacUre, he created a highly contentious picture of the life of junior doctors, which attracted praise from the junior ranks of the medical professional for its accuracy.
- Lorraina lied. ‘Yolanda Feffanhaaser’ was an alias she used from time to time when she didn't want to give some one her real name.
- I got a part time job as a waitress, under the alias Kelly Irl.
- The sources said Kim Song Chol frequently visited Japan from the late 1980s to early 1990s under the alias Ri Song Chol.
- He held a United States passport and a South Carolina state identity card under the alias.
- In 1999, however, police located and arrested Kathleen Soliah in Minnesota, where she had been living under the alias Sara Jane Olson.
- He masqueraded as the gardener and cook, under the alias of David Motsamayi.
- Vickery has done little to suggest he is the same man who once terrorised the fields of world rugby under the alias of Raging Bull.
- Special Branch later established that McMahon was actually an alias used by Dublin born Jerome Bannigan.
- His passport is in the name of Alex Huntley (his mother's maiden name), the same as an alias used by Richard Tomlinson, a former MI6 agent.
- Len Min, under the alias Lee Min, infiltrated a Boys Academy on May 22, 2007 in order to spy on a suspected terrorist by the alias of Jason Beck.
- Anyway, I was saying that once we leave here we are going to assume aliases.
- The use of aliases and false identity documents represents only the simplest of measures and could be described as a reactive or defensive action.
- Sykes had been living there under the alias Robert James Grant for more than three years.
- After a few failed attempts to communicate over a cell phone while in transit, I tracked George down at his hotel room in Nashville, where he was staying under the alias of Ralph Mouf.
- They discussed their plan to blow up Parliament House, and shortly afterwards leased a small house in the heart of Westminster, installing Fawkes as caretaker, under the alias of John Johnson.
- Ivan and Sam Raimi (under the alias Celia Abrams) made this, one of the funniest movies ever.
- The FBI was convinced that he was ‘Derek Bond’, the alias used by Derek Lloyd Sykes, who was on its Most Wanted list on serious charges involving massive money laundering.
- The alias default refers to the first sound device and is used in all of the examples in this article.
- This file contains a map of e-mail aliases to user names.
- Included attributes are e-mail addresses and aliases, special folders and signature preferences for Webmail.
- This cooperation is configured in the alias file of the mail transfer agent.
- Note the addition of more command aliases and number registers in this more practical example.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.