In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1an all-party committee — una comisión integrada por miembros de todos los partidos
- an all-party agreement — un acuerdo entre todos los partidos
- Brake was joining MPs, health and road safety professionals at an all-party meeting in Parliament today to call for a range of measures to make streets safer for children.
- With only two or three votes against and one abstention, the resolution had overwhelming support from the committee, and all-party backing.
- The move won all-party support at a meeting of the Labour-controlled authority.
- It is only at this stage that the fully costed, modified report would be sent to an all-party Dáil committee for further consideration.
- Health Minister Micheál Martin said last night that there was overwhelming all-party support for the smoking ban in the Dáil.
- But said she took the job after initial hesitation because such a body was long overdue, had a very wide remit and benefited from all-party support.
- The campaign for a dedicated regional children's and maternity hospital yesterday received all-party support from Leeds Council.
- The Council has strong all-party support for improving services for older people and has invested an extra £5 million in them this year.
- It was produced by the all-party parliamentary beer association, which receives more than £35,000 a year from pub and brewery companies.
- An all-party parliamentary group of MPs and peers which aims to push obesity up the political agenda launches next Tuesday.
- Policing is one of Dr Cable's priorities and he chaired the all-party police group in parliament for five years.
- No sooner was it reported that Labour might endorse such a measure in the election than the possibility of all-party support was being seriously discussed in Westminster.
- She knew such a measure was doomed to failure and would destroy the all-party majority for the Conciliation Committee.
- It's quite clear from debates in both the Commons and the Lords that there's all-party support for action and that's reflecting the views of the travelling public.
- An accord reached on Friday will establish an all-party coalition government, seen as the best prospect for balancing ethnic rights and restoring harmony.
- Failure to win all-party support could hamper efforts to win a £13m National Lottery grant needed to help to fund the £18m plan.
- Party politics were not suspended during the war and there was never an effective all-party coalition as in the UK.
- He will win all-party support at Westminster for doing so.
- Sir William is encouraged by the commitment to aquaculture he has found among government ministers and their staff, and says his venture has all-party support.
- The shake-up is contained in a review of local taxation drawn up by an all-party Parliamentary group.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.