In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(match/game) con reserva previa
- The match was an all-ticket event as it is followed by the Leinster Senior semi-final between Kildare and Offaly.
- Due to the magnitude of the game, City will already have extra police and extra security in order to combat any potential trouble, and the match is an all-ticket affair.
- But because the game is not an all-ticket affair just how many Bluebirds fans will be in attendance is open to debate.
- The three all-ticket events held at last year's festival attracted a total of 300 people paying £6 a ticket.
- Now the Saints must steel themselves for their match with Celtic in an all-ticket affair at Love Street.
- Royal Ascot is an all-ticket event and racegoers driving to York will have booked parking when they bought their tickets.
- The match is an all-ticket affair, with tickets only available until 2pm today and then on Friday until 4pm, from the club office at Bootham Crescent.
- The fact that this game is an all-ticket occasion may detract some people from going to the game.
- A bumper crowd of more than 7,000 is expected at Bootham Crescent on Boxing Day for the all-ticket Christmas derby match against rivals Hull City.
- Both teams are at full strength, the match is not all-ticket and a park and ride service is available.
- Any remaining tickets for Sunday's all-ticket clash will be on sale at the office before the game for cash buyers only.
- Mr Campbell stressed, however, that the match was all-ticket and nobody would be allowed to pay on the gate.
- I see it as being vitally important that these supporters are able to get tickets for high profile all-ticket matches.
- The game is an all-ticket affair and should attract a capacity crowd to Clones.
- Set for an all-ticket affair, Airdrie are anticipating a 7,000 crowd, and on club websites they are already inquiring about tickets.
- The Tigers are also hoping for a 20,000-plus crowd for their first home game since January 17, having made the match all-ticket for away fans.
- Such has been the early interest that management has decided to make the show an all-ticket affair.
- It was an all-ticket affair, and over 500 people turned up.
- It is not an all-ticket match and turnstiles will be open on the day but there are unlikely to be any seats still available.
- The match is strictly all-ticket with no admission on the day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.