In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alergia feminineallergy to sth — alergia a algo
- food allergy — alergia alimenticia
- total allergy syndrome — síndrome de alergia total
- Our data may shed light on the role of diet in the allergy and asthma epidemic.
- Drug allergy is a hypersensitivity reaction to therapeutic agents.
- A food allergy occurs when the immune system mistakenly believes that a harmless substance is harmful.
- Your body develops an allergy from continued exposure to a specific substance.
- People with allergies, such as hayfever or animal allergies, often get asthma.
- Kids who get eczema often have family members with hay fever, asthma, or other allergies.
- It's a common myth that dairy foods contribute to allergies such as hayfever, but it's just that, a myth.
- You might have a stuffy or runny nose because of a cold, the flu or seasonal allergies.
- A common skin symptom of a food allergy is hives, or raised red itchy bumps on the skin.
- Some people who have food allergies find that certain foods will trigger eczema.
- Work is now underway to make the vaccine effective for people whose asthma is caused by allergies to dust mites and pollen.
- Nobody knows how many people in Britain have food allergies, but up to a third of the population think they do.
- Symptoms of mild food allergies, such as a rash or runny nose, may be treated with antihistamines.
- Symptoms of a food allergy usually develop within about an hour after eating the offending food.
- Contact with even small amounts of some substances can cause skin allergies.
- You may not be able to prevent having a food allergy, but you can avoid having an allergic reaction.
- The college lecturer had insisted that he had had a genuine cough caused by a combination of hay fever and a dust allergy.
- Reassure patients with a food intolerance that they do not have a food allergy.
- The most common nose or lung allergies are to pollens, molds, dust mites, and cats.
- Avoid things that trigger your child's asthma, such as allergies and breathing in cold air.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.