In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alianza femininefeminine coaliciónfeminine alianzato enter into / form an alliance — aliarse
- Such an organisational alliance with the populist right would be unthinkable for progressive French and Dutch campaigners.
- Indeed, some of the founding organisations have left the alliance and struck out once again into glorious, and useless, isolation.
- We also have a mandate to lobby government, and we seek to build a broad alliance of individuals and organizations that share common goals.
- All of this activity will benefit the Australia-U.S. alliance across the board.
- Several blocs within the alliance are vying for top government positions.
- Some of his accomplishments there included meeting and building alliances with other producer organizations.
- They would also benefit from alliances with community groups and other unions in putting pressure on their employer.
- Both the bank and the entrepreneurial company benefit from these Internet alliances, Cairns says.
- There is a new openness by unions today to building alliances with community-based organizations and churches.
- A major and rather obvious benefit to forming these alliances is the ability to pool resources.
- The government, furthermore, favoured cooperation with the labour unions and forged strong alliances with them.
- In 1939, therefore, the British and French embarked on an attempt to build an alliance with the Soviet Union.
- Howard said Australia had to accept the responsibilities as well as the benefits of its alliance with the U.S.
- In these instances members of trade unions in the alliance should also be encouraged to work together to eradicate bad practices.
- The council and the chamber should further seek alliances with such organisations as the tourism association for new ideas.
- We are creating an alliance between the union, service users and local communities in support of a publicly owned Royal Mail.
- The alliance threatened yesterday to organize 10,000 people to demonstrate if their petition is not dealt with.
- Old alliances with organized labor and with other minority groups must be resuscitated.
- Organize a gay-straight alliance or student group if there isn't one already.
- The organisation wants to forge alliances with different groups to raise awareness about animal rights.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.