- The oddly alliterated Fervent Fray of Fraternal Fervor, written and directed by Thomas Thompson, is the second festival offering.
- ‘What I expected’ is an adroit compromise between the impulses to form and to freedom: ‘twist’ fails to rhyme convincingly with ‘pass,’ but in that failure assonates and alliterates with ‘questions.’
- You'll hear how the stanza rounds off the sequence of long, unrhymed lines with a bob-and-wheel, a series of shorter, rhyming lines that also alliterate.
- I think I might email the programme and ask them to choose something that alliterates otherwise that's going to irritate me for goodness knows how many years.
- The title should change every time a new poet is appointed and should alliterate or rhyme with the name of the new holder of the title.