In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Nuts, like the almonds and walnuts shown above, add the crunch that even fall salads need.
- Nuts especially high in vitamin E include almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans.
- Serve the rice hot, in a mound, with the pine nuts, pistachios and almonds sprinkled on top.
- Add texture by stirring in rolled oats, dried herbs, or ground almonds.
- Flies hover above baskets of locally grown almonds and dried fruits.
- To produce the paste, blanched kernels of sweet almonds are ground, mixed with water and sugar, and cooked to a smooth consistency.
- Well, I will be talking about the wonder of nuts, and actually four nuts in particular - the chestnut, almond, walnut and pecan.
- Decorate with the cinnamon sticks, and if you fancy, almonds and sesame seeds.
- Vitamin E found in almonds, peanuts and hazelnuts also reduces the risk of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
- It came with a wonderful rice pilaf, dotted with raisins, plump cranberries, nuts, seeds and thinly sliced almonds.
- Scoop in piles of cashews, almonds, macadamias, walnuts, pumpkin seeds or whatever you please.
- The 4,000 members of the co-op produce one third of the almonds grown in the world.
- Kate, one of the make up artists had a Tupperware box full of cashew nuts and almonds.
- Beat the butter, sugar, ground almonds and almond essence together and whiz until just mixed.
- Mix in the almond and poppy seed paste and simmer.
- Generally, if you are grinding whole almonds, one cup would yield approximately one half-cup ground almonds.
- Hazelnuts, both in the dough and praline, can be substituted with other nuts such as almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- Crunchy goodies such as peanuts, almonds and sunflower seeds are packed with amino acids.
- If you're feeling peckish you should know that they serve almonds, macadamia nuts and green wasabi peas for snacks.
- The small almonds that grow in China are also slightly bitter and contain a toxic substance if not processed properly.
2also almond treealmendro masculine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.