1(of high mountains)(pasture/flora) alpino(pasture/flora) alpestre(skiing/club/hut) alpino
- In the centre of the country, the alpine moorland and montane forests of Mt. Kenya and the Aberdares conceal rare bongo antelope, red duiker, suni, bushbuck, Giant forest hog and colobus monkeys.
- And it seems admirers have a treat in store this year on Girraween's alpine style heathlands, meadows and high altitude forests.
- Events include snowshoeing, cross-country skiing and alpine downhill racing at the Sunshine Village, one of the most exclusive areas of Banff in the Canadian Rockies.
- They inhabit every terrestrial ecosystem on earth, from rainforest canopies to alpine mountains, from lakes and rivers to hot dry deserts.
- In alpine environments, plants may be exposed to high temperatures during the day, but may be subject to overnight lows near freezing.
- It is a bright summer's day, and the scenery all around is pleasant - alpine mountain ranges in the distance, green grass and tall trees elsewhere.
- Imagine the perfect alpine backdrop: Mountain peaks surround you as far as the eye can see.
- Hiking to glacial lakes and waterfalls in the high alpine terrain, we'll access vistas where Napi looks over his people.
- Vermont is crammed with forested mountains, cliffs and alpine streams that form the basis for ice climbing: frozen rock faces and gullies laced with frozen waterfalls and icy snowmelt.
- On the telephone she sung hymns to the joys of alpine mountain biking.
- The hikers start in tropical rainforest territory and travel through moorlands, alpine meadows and glaciers on the summit.
- This was a hoot, since the exam was given on an alpine hill that I skied on with my long, skinny, wooden skis.
- Some of the characters believed to be correlated with DNA amount are alpine habitat, life history and breeding system.
- In late summer, many move to alpine and sub-alpine meadows.
- The Bavarian Lodge offers nature tours into Williams Lake Glacial Canyon, a unique alpine wetland.
- But, more than the excitement, the sheer seclusion and beauty that a quiet alpine ski run can give is something rarely experienced.
- Our journey takes us through about 41 miles of incredible Sierra terrain, high alpine passes, glistening lakes, and snow-dotted mountains.
- I was one of the first people to see the Staunings Alps in 1954, a fantastic alpine terrain which is full of marvellous, unclimbed peaks and with continuous daylight in summer.
- Shops and restaurants would complete the building, set to overtake Milton Keynes as the biggest indoor alpine ski complex in Britain.
- The Alpine Trekker is simply a dummy ski-boot sole that you clip into your alpine ski binding.
- Plant communities thrive there, from ribbons of riparian plants to sagebrush fiats, lodgepole pine forests, subalpine meadows and alpine stone fields.
- They generally prefer open country and can be found in habitat from salt marshes at sea level to areas of alpine tundra at high elevation.
- Mountain Bluebirds can be found in alpine parklands in the Cascades, the Blue Mountains, and the northeast corner of Washington.
- Spotted Sandpipers breed in a variety of freshwater habitats from sea level to alpine areas, although they are not as common at higher elevations.
- The severity and unpredictably of higher latitude and alpine habitats present special challenges to birds and mammals who live out some or all of their lives there.
2Alpinede los Alpesalpino