In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(as well)tambiénhe plays the piano and also sings — toca el piano y también canta
- There was also about a foot of snow outside, and the air was white as it went on falling.
- We also got a batch of smiley badges made up, and gave them to everyone at the door on the way in.
- She also asks them how they want to feel so she can decide which type of massage to offer.
- He was also not put off by the very grown up thought of having to set up his own business.
- Neighbours told us that an excursion to the town by boat also makes for a good day out.
- He also had a drumstick stuck into the laces of his shoe so he could hit the cymbal on the floor.
- It could have been a bigger win, but on the other hand could also have been a lot worse.
- She also had the gift of being able to reinvent herself every time she took up her pen.
- It now seems the man himself could also be coming to recognise that the game may be up.
- It has to be said that he was also the king of the double portion in the dinner hall.
- It also means the staff do not have to put up with going home smelling like an ashtray.
- The second group was also exposed to the noise but not given the option to turn it off.
- It may come as a bit of a surprise to know that I also have a keen interest in language.
- It looks as if the second will also be yellow, while the third has yet to show any buds.
- We are also seeing a major increase in crime and we want to know what is going to be done.
- There will also be a new sign at the front of the building, which will be lit up at nights.
- It makes an ideal gift and is also a great present for a child as it grows so quickly.
- We also managed to get a big chunk of Christmas shopping out of the way at the weekend.
- It was also so cold to drive in the winter that I had to wear gloves even when the roof was up.
- It is also good for me to hear their side of things, to hear what they had to go through.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.