In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comedia alternativa feminine
- Their first series, Girls on Top, was followed by the eponymous French and Saunders whereupon they quickly became the female faces of alternative comedy.
- He went on to find success in his own right, topping the bill at the London Palladium five times in 10 years, as well as paving the way for alternative comedy with The Goon Show.
- Top-quality alternative comedy is coming to Bromley this week with the opening of a new fortnightly comedy club.
- Fourteen years later I started doing stand-up comedy in Boston, hanging out at comedy clubs and alternative comedy rooms in Boston.
- Their humour bridged the gap between highbrow '60s satire and '80s alternative comedy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.