In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sin calidad profesional
- This is the sort of test that is poorly - and amateurishly - designed and conducted, and which proves essentially nothing.
- The friend, in an awkward attempt at ingratiation, plays for her a tape of him amateurishly playing the drums with his band.
- The quality of the exhibition was not only amateurishly reminiscent of A-level sketch books, but in some places absolutely risible.
- A movie may be incompetently acted and amateurishly shot.
- Most of the songs are laughably and amateurishly staged.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.