In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They considered the Act to be ambiguous and open to interpretation on this point.
- He gives an ambiguous answer to his initial question.
- But what elevates the novel beyond the genre is the ambiguous, enigmatic voice of Mary herself.
- Mr Sumption says, if necessary, that in the present case the phraseology is both obscure and ambiguous.
- For the record, I say to the House this law is ambiguous in terms of its interpretation.
- The very nature of his removal remains for the moment ambiguous.
- Once more, the evidence is ambiguous and interpretations have become polarized.
- However, do not be fooled by this statement; it is ambiguous and misleading.
- The motivating fictional element is a subversive or ambiguous move.
- Much of the report is hard to read and contains many ambiguous or misleading statements.
- Had it been seen abstracted from that context by the US public, there would have been a more ambiguous reaction.
- The Constitution is an ambiguous document open to interpretation by all.
- This can result in obscurity or in a ruling which is ambiguous on matters of importance.
- Others are more enigmatic and ambiguous in both their origins and meanings.
- Agreeing with a set of vague and ambiguous statements makes you dogmatic?
- I seem to remember the novel being a bit more ambiguous than that.
- Either way, you just can't be quoted saying such amazingly ambiguous statements.
- It is inherent in their task which involves applying rules stated in words that are often ambiguous.
- His remarks were ambiguous, and it will be the tone that matters.
- But even this latter assertion is somewhat uncertain and ambiguous for several reasons.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.