In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Much of the report is hard to read and contains many ambiguous or misleading statements.
- Once more, the evidence is ambiguous and interpretations have become polarized.
- But even this latter assertion is somewhat uncertain and ambiguous for several reasons.
- For the record, I say to the House this law is ambiguous in terms of its interpretation.
- I seem to remember the novel being a bit more ambiguous than that.
- But what elevates the novel beyond the genre is the ambiguous, enigmatic voice of Mary herself.
- His remarks were ambiguous, and it will be the tone that matters.
- Others are more enigmatic and ambiguous in both their origins and meanings.
- The very nature of his removal remains for the moment ambiguous.
- Agreeing with a set of vague and ambiguous statements makes you dogmatic?
- Had it been seen abstracted from that context by the US public, there would have been a more ambiguous reaction.
- The Constitution is an ambiguous document open to interpretation by all.
- They considered the Act to be ambiguous and open to interpretation on this point.
- Mr Sumption says, if necessary, that in the present case the phraseology is both obscure and ambiguous.
- The motivating fictional element is a subversive or ambiguous move.
- He gives an ambiguous answer to his initial question.
- Either way, you just can't be quoted saying such amazingly ambiguous statements.
- However, do not be fooled by this statement; it is ambiguous and misleading.
- This can result in obscurity or in a ruling which is ambiguous on matters of importance.
- It is inherent in their task which involves applying rules stated in words that are often ambiguous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.