In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of plan, project)lo ambicioso
- Inherent in this are his qualities of individuality, ambitiousness, justice, and straightforwardness.
- But it has a depth and ambitiousness that are worthy of praise.
- She tried to figure out when she lost her drive, her ambitiousness, when she lost her will power.
- The fault may lie in the ambitiousness of the authors' vision.
- Perhaps the main fault of the book is also its strongest virtue, its ambitiousness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.