- No mortal could ever taste ambrosia, as Greek myth said.
- So they have a special drink called nectar, and they eat food which is ambrosia, which is immortal.
- In the poem, Hector's body, attached to Achilles' chariot and dragged around Troy, cannot be mutilated because Aphrodite has anointed it with ambrosia.
- Athena strengthens Achilles by planting ambrosia and honey in his chest.
- Then my feet no longer rest on earth, but standing by Zeus himself I take my fill of ambrosia, the divine dish.