In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I think the ameliorative treatments have been a godsend.
- As our awareness of the extinction crisis has grown, we have taken some ameliorative actions.
- A critical scholarship is an important part of the ameliorative scheme, although such criticism is not the exclusive solution.
- While buyers are not thrilled by rising prices, rising prices are one of the ameliorative responses to changes in scarcity conditions.
- And I agree, also, with her description of a more ameliorative social policy for working families.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.