In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(manuscript/text) corregirto amend sth to sth
- amend 'thin' to 'then' — pon 'then' en lugar de 'thin'
- This is the slightly amended text of an address he gave to a Quadrant dinner in Sydney in August.
- In this connection, it is suggested that the draft be amended with special articles that would reflect the following provisions.
- But although it amends the text to include the year, it does not include the date.
- Pate says that the document has been amended more than 750 times since 1901.
- We seek to amend that document in some minor respects.
- Commissioner Charlie McCreevy has said he is willing to amend the text to make it clear that conditions and standards for workers will not be affected in any way.
- Since publication, Valder has slightly amended the text of his manifesto, replacing the second last paragraph.
- We have today amended the text of the guidance on the Department's website.
- Actually, Madison wanted to amend the text of the Articles of the Constitution, rather than tacking on a Bill of Rights and further amendments.
- It said it has persuaded several overseas companies to amend their websites to reflect UK law.
- It would not be practical for the council to seek to amend the text in the kind of detail required to make the document acceptable.
- They could amend that document or leave it as is.
- In particular, Hawking's own work on black holes (with which Ellis was not directly involved) had progressed faster than they could amend the text.
3formal(behavior) enmendar formal
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.